Wednesday 14 May 2014

Face the fear...

What is it that stops you realising your dreams?  What is it that keeps you awake at night?  What do you see when you look in the mirror?  Fear of failure?  Money worries?  Think you’re not good enough?  Think you’re bad?

These are the kinds of issues that keep many people from being their own person and being successful.  I had another one of those episodes this morning.  Will my business be a success?  What if no-one hires me to create stuff for them?  What can I do to make my studio successful?  I was plummeting further down this path and thinking that it might be better not to be in business…

Rather than let this stop me, I’m now writing this post and will create an illustration to accompany it.  I’ve taken the negative energy and turned it around and put it to good use.  I hope the post helps you too.  This approach can be applied to a lot of situations, especially in business.  If you are feeling negative about a task, you can ask yourself why and analyse it, but you can also take the negative feeling, focus on the task in hand and nothing else, and achieve something worthwhile.  When you’ve finished the task, think about what you’ve just achieved.  Now move onto the next task.  By the end of the day (which may have started badly), you’ll be amazed by how much you’ve achieved and how positive you feel.  It is a cliché, but hard work really is its own reward.

The next time you’re faced by a list of tasks, mental or otherwise, that you don’t really want to do and feel bad about, do them.  Don’t fuss, don’t sigh, just do them.  Focus on getting the list ticked off, and be happy when you have.  It’s easier to get on with stuff, even if you’re scared of doing it, how it’ll turn out, how you’ll feel, or how others perceive you. 
 
To end on another cliché, face the fear and do it anyway.  You’ll feel better when you do.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment